Think about the following
- How do you feel about the information Raissa has shared with you?
- What does the research say about the risk for future violence in violence against women cases?
- What role do you think child welfare has in this situation?
- Reflecting on other similar cases that you have worked on what have you done that has been effective? Not effective?
- What is your personal reaction to Markus’ plan? What further would you like to discuss with him?
- What information would you like to have about men who have used violence against women, and how would you use this in your work in a way that promotes Raissa’s safety? How would Raissa be involved?
You meet with Raissa a second time and she shares that there has been no contact with Markus. Raissa is struggling about whether or not to reconcile with Markus as he really wants to be a “daddy” and she is very close to his parents, who have been a good support to Raissa. Raissa states that she believes in second chances.